ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - 29 April 2018
Sunday 30 April 2018 – 9.30am for 10.00am
Don Pyatt Hall (within the Norwood Town Hall)
175 The Parade Norwood (entrance off George Street)
DRAFT AGENDA (to be finalised by 23 April 2018)
- Confirmation of Minutes from the 2017 AGM
- President's report - including reports on APPA's programs of (a) Park Ambassador Guided Walks; (b) self-guided Park Lands "trails"; (c) Park Lands 'photo of the day'; and (d) Park Lands 'video of the month' - Shane Sody
- Park Lands Art Prize report – Maggie Fletcher
- WOMADelaide stall report - Marisha Matthews
- Treasurer's Report & audited financial statements - Bruno Zeni
- Nomination of Auditor
- Committee positions (to be vacated and re-filled - see below): President, Secretary, Treasurer and up to 8 other members
- Proposed Membership fees 2018-19
- Any other business
- Guest speaker:
The Hon. Mark Parnell, MLC, leader of The Greens (SA) speaking on the topic: "What prospects for improved Park Lands protection in the new Parliament?"
The Agenda may be revised closer to the date of the AGM, if members, after receiving notice of the AGM, request additional items be discussed.
The audited financial statements will be available at the AGM, if not earlier.
NOMINATIONS FOR COMMITTEE
If you are a financial member of APPA, you can nominate to be on the 2018-19 Committee. If you're not sure whether or not you're a financial member, check with the President, Shane Sody: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretary. Damien Mugavin email@example.com Under the Constitution, any nomination for a Committee position must be received no later than 7 days prior to the AGM; i.e. by Sunday 22 April. Therefore, if you'd like to be on the Committee you can't leave it until the date of the AGM to become a financial member, or restore your previous membership. Do it now, at this link: www.adelaide-parklands.asn.au/membership/
No special form is required to nominate yourself. Snail mail is OK, but email is preferred: firstname.lastname@example.org. A nominee needs a seconder. If you haven't got a seconder, contact the Secretary to arrange one, but do that no later than 22 April. There is no discretion in the Constitution to extend that deadline.