After successful events in 2014 and 2016, the exhibition of 2018 finalists is being held at the Adelaide Festival Centre foyer, until 26 August 2018.
Prize winners were announced on Wed 4 July by the Lord Mayor, Martin Haese
The winner of the $2,000 youth artist category was 19-year-old Darcy Lewis for "A Rise in Adelaide’s Eastern Suburbs"
The ten highly commended prizewinners ($1,000 each) were:
- Madeline Prowd - "Eucalytpus Trio"
- Peter Walker - "Twigonometry"
- Roger Buddle - "Winter Fungi"
- Graham Davis -"Adam Encounters The Fingers of Light"
- Laura Wills - "Liquid Gold Harvest"
- Sally Parnis - "Summer Solstice 2017: Drawing the Adelaide Parklands"
- Daryl Austin - "Pakapakanthi / Victoria Park (Between a Dog and a Wolf)"
- Taya Stocks - "Purple Swamphen, Parkland’s Royalty"
- Jan Cleveringa - "The Meeting Point"
- Ellen Trevorrow, Bruce Trevorrow & Jelina Haines "Ngori (Pelican)"
You can browse all 74 finalists here: https://www.parklandsart.com/category/finalists-artworks/
but even better go to the Festivcl Centre to see them in the foyer there until 26 August.