State Election 2018 - question 1 - Appreciation of the Park Lands
The Adelaide Park Lands are unique in the world and have National Heritage status, yet many people, even in Adelaide, seem unaware of their rarity. What, if anything, should the SA Government do to address this?
SA LABOR - No response (except for Jo Chapley, candidate for Adelaide, see below). Party score: 0.
LIBERAL PARTY - "A Marshall Liberal Government would work in partnership with the Adelaide City Council on ways to promote the unique nature of the Parklands to South Australians. In consultation with Tourism SA, promote South Australia’s unique and world-class Parklands within interstate and overseas markets." Party score: 20
- Direct Tourism SA to promote around the world the unique nature of a "City In A Park"?
- Make a Government submission to the current State Heritage Assessment supporting the State Heritage listing of the Adelaide Park Lands
- Propose, support and fund an application for World Heritage Listing.. Party score: 30
AUSTRALIAN CONSERVATIVES - No response. Party score: 0.
DIGNITY PARTY - 6 candidates responded individually. Party score: 6
SA BEST - 3 candidates responded individually - Party score: 3
- Jo Chapley (ALP candidate for Adelaide) - "Promote this fact to both Adelaide residents, and visitors abroad. The parklands are unique, and should be celebrated."
- Rachel Sanderson (Liberal candidate for Adelaide) "Make a Government submission to the current State Heritage Assessment supporting the State Heritage listing of the Adelaide Park Lands"
- Duncan McFetridge, (Independent candidate for Morphett) - "Instead of the east parklands looking like a demolition site for six months of the year the State Government should have a world wide competition to design an environmentally friendly multi-use facility that is fitting with the location and heritage of the site. To keep on doing what we are is a nonsense."
- Bob Couch, Stop Population Growth Now, candidate for Legislative Council) "Stop trying to attract more people to SA."