Below is a guide and links to information and/or photo albums for each of the named and numbered Parks that, in their entirety, make up the Adelaide Park Lands. They form a figure-8 double garland around the city and North Adelaide, something unparalleled in any other city in the world.
That's not a clickable map above, but using the numbers as identifiers, you can scroll down to view any part of the Park Lands. The first 10 Parks listed below each have their own short video guide, and links to other resources. Similar resources for the other Parks will be prepared over coming months:
- Possum Park / Pirltawardli (Park 1)
- Denise Norton Park / Pardipardinyilla (Park 2)
- Yam Daisy Park / Kantarilla (Park 3)
- Reservoir Park / Kangatilla (Park 4)
- Bragg Park / Ngampa Yarta (Park 5)
- Lefevre Park / Nantu Wama (Park 6)
- The Olive Groves / Kuntingga (Park 7) and Parngutilla (Park 8)
- Bundey's Paddock / Tidlangga (Park 9)
- Bullrush Park / Warnpangga (Park 10)
- Botanic Gardens and surrounds (Park 11)
- Red Gum Park / Karrawirra (Park 12)
- Rundle Park / Kadlitpina (Park 13)
Every month, we publish an Adelaide Park Lands 'video of the month' featuring one Park. The video is posted on our YouTube channel, on Facebook, and on the relevant Park's page of this website. So far, (to March 2018) we've done videos for Parks 1 through to 10. Others will follow.
The 'photo of the day' has been running since May 2014, so there are many hundreds of Adelaide Park Lands photos. The best way to browse them is to visit our Flickr photo album where, in addition to the daily photo stream, each photo is assigned to one of 37 different 'albums' (as above) corresponding to:
- each one of the 30 named Parks
- each of the 6 named squares; and
- a record of 'alienations' or Park Lands losses, over the years.