English name: Red Gum Park
Kaurna name: Karrawirra (red gum forest)
Features: University precinct, Prince Henry Gardens, three sporting fields, 1910 Adelaide University "pavilion", Grundy Gardens, Angas Gardens, Peace Park, the Garden of Remembrance, early 20th century boat sheds, Pioneer Women's memorial garden, Torrens Parade grounds
Bounded by: North Terrace, King William Road, Frome Rd, Pennington Tce and Sir Edwin Smith Ave.
Click on one of the images below to see the Red Gum Park / Karrawirra (Park 12) photo album:
Red Gum Park / Karrawirra (Park 12) usually refers to the area north of Victoria Drive but historically, much of the University precinct (the area greyed-out inside the red boundary above) between North Terrace and Victoria Drive was once Park Lands as well. Land between Victoria Drive and North Terrace gradually disappeared as Park Lands, over a period of many decades after the Adelaide University was founded in 1875.