English name: Rundle Park
Kaurna name: Kadlitpina (a Kaurna elder at the time of colonisation, known to the settlers as Captain Jack)
Features: Petanque piste, Botanic Creek, lemon-scented gums, old valve house, Peace and Friendship'; garden, First World War light horse memorials, annual Fringe venue 'Garden of Unearthly Delights'
Bounded by: North Terrace, East Terrace, Rundle Road, Dequetteville Terrace.
APPA's Park 13 photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8t3g26
This 6.5 hectare park exists today in much the same shape and form as when Colonel Light surveyed it in 1837, and exhibits characteristics of a semi-formal Victorian gardenesque style, with a mix of exotic and native flora. However in the first two decades of European settlement, (in the 1840's and 1850's) this Park was used as the City's rubbish dump!