Park 21 West
English name: Golden Wattle Park
Kaurna name: Mirnu Wirra (meaning "golden wattle place")
the Princess Eliabeth playground
a diagonal pathway running SW-NE across the Park
two sporting fields licensed to the Adelaide Lutheran sports club
A 'Bush for Life' native bush re-vegetation site on the southern side of the Park near Greenhill Rd
Bounded by: Sir Lewis Cohen Avenue, Greenhill Road, Goodwood Road, and South Terrace
Park Ambassador Serafina Tane (pictured) hosts a Guided Walk through this Park once per yer. The last one was on Sunday 20 January 2019. See our Guided Walks page for the schedule of guided walks through the Park Lands.
Click on one of the images below to see the Golden Wattle Park / Mirnu Wirra (Park 21W) photo album:
This park is called 21 WEST because originally it was part of the neighbouring Park 21. It was in 1906 that Park 21 was severed in two, by the construction of Sir Lewis Cohen Avenue (connecting to Morphett Street).
This park was dug up in the early part of the 21st century to accommodate huge water pipes (underground) bringing recycled waste water from the Glenelg North waste water treatment plant back to Adelaide to water the Park Lands