Being a member gives you a formal say in the way that APPA is run, by voting at the annual general meeting. It also allows you to stand for election to the Committee. If you love the Adelaide Park Lands, then being a financially paid-up member is "putting your money where your mouth is".
Joining APPA signifies that you endorse our Objectives.
As a financial member of APPA, you get:
- the priceless satisfaction of supporting APPA's work;
- free participation in our monthly guided Park Lands walks;
- eligibility to become a Park Ambassador and lead an annual guided walk through one Park;
- discounted tickets to our supporters movie events (last one was on Sun 13 August - others to be arranged);
- the responsibility to help guide APPA's activities through the Annual General meeting; and
- a printable PDF membership certificate (see below).
In 2017 we experimented with offering a random draw prize (an iPad Mini Wifi) for members who joined or renewed by 6 August 2017. The prize draw on Tuesday 8 August was won by long-time APPA stalwart, Emeritus Professor Wilfrid Prest.
Membership fees are reviewed at our Annual General Meeting each April. The membership year expires on 30 June. After 1 January in any year, you have the option of paying a lower membership fees for up to 6 months, or a higher fee for membership of up to 18 months.
Fees for full-year membership (expiring 30 June 2018) are:
- Single full-rate: $25.00
- Single concession (including student): $15.00
- Corporate: $35.00
- Family full rate: $30.00
- Family concession: $25.00
How to pay
Joining is easy. There are three ways to pay your membership fees:
- By Paypal
- By direct bank credit
- By cheque or money order by snail mail
2. Direct Bank Deposit
into the APPA ANZ bank account:
- BSB 015-310
- Account number 4063-53172
If you are paying by direct bank deposit, please put your name as the payment identifier and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that your payment can be identified correctly and acknowledged.
3. via money order or cheque
PO Box 7334 Hutt Street
Adelaide SA 5000