English name: Ellis Park. Val Ellis served as City of Adelaide Director of Parks and Recreation from 1966 to 1983.
Kaurna name: Tampawardli (meaning "home place on the plains")
- Adelaide High School,
- major outdoor event space (in the western portion),
- six tennis courts,
- five sporting fields (home of the Adelaide Comets soccer club and Western Districts Athletics club);
- open woodland adjacent to the railway line,
- the Park Lands trail walking/cycling path
Bounded by: West Terrace, Glover Avenue, the Keswick rail line, and Sir Donald Bradman Drive.
See APPA's Park 24 photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8pc7Mw
Trees were planted along the West Terrace boundary of this Park as early as 1865.
In the mid to late 1800's a "Signals Station' or telegraph station was on this Park, opposite Flinders Street.
The site occupied by the Adelaide High School was formerly taken by the "Adelaide Observatory" from 1860 until the School was built in 1952.