English name: Veale Park
Kaurna name: Walyu Yarta (meaning "walyu root ground")
- Veale Gardens
- Walyu Yarta community garden
- Sporting fields
- Model aircraft flying zones in the eastern section
Bounded by: Peacock Rd, Greenhill Road, South Terrace and Sir Lewis Cohen Avenue
Veale Gardens were built in 1963 to the design of the City Council's then "Town Clerk" (CEO) William Veale.
One of the rose beds in Veale Gardens features a statue, installed in early 2018. The statue "Song of the Wind" was donated by Adelaide's sister city in China, Qingdao. A matching “sister” of the sculpture is located in a Qingdao City Park.
Historical oddity: From 1860, this park was used as rifle shooting practice range. There were several near misses of passing pedestrians before the rifle range was closed, for safety reasons, in 1878!